It is safe to say that when we first take in our pet, we don’t really expect much to change, when actually our entire life takes a 180. We learn to put their needs beyond other priorities and at the same time we are also given a lot of love that we sometimes feel we do not deserve. Which is why we are willing to do anything for our pets, so when they get sick, we often don’t realize it until it’s too late. However, there are a few warning signs that your pet might be getting sick, so we’re going to discuss a few of them below, and if you happen to notice any of these in your pet, you should rush them to your Atlanta veterinarian now.
- The most common or obvious sign that something might be wrong is when your pet starts losing their appetite. They don’t eat enough anymore and still refuse to eat even with your coaxing.
- Another sign you should be careful of, especially if you have older pets is if their water consumption has increased. This is usually a sign of kidney disease or diabetes.
- If your pet is constipated or has diarrhea, even though there hasn’t been any discernible change in their diet, then you should take them to the vet.
- Visibly unhealthy, matter and unkempt fur happens when your pet stops grooming themselves, which only happens when they are too sick to do so.
- If you notice that they are being more lethargic than usual, even after waking up, then that should be a cause of concern.
- Similarly, a notable shift in their behavior should also raise a few red flags. For example, if they have become a lot more mellow all of a sudden, they retract from human touch etc.